Pages

Sunday, 17 April 2016

My Turn to Propose...

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to formally ask my best friends to be my Bridesmaids/ Maid of Honour. It has always been implied that they’d have first dibs on the roles but I wanted to do something a little more special.

My very first idea was to give them all a Lola’s cupcake with ‘will you be my bridesmaid?’ piped on - similar to their birthday cupcakes. But then I figured once it had been eaten, it’ll be nothing more than just a memory.

So after a few hours of browsing, I finally settled on personalised keyrings from Zazzle.com. It was an easy and user friendly process, the website offers templates which you can simply type in your desired text and choose a suitable background.

I chose to use a pink floral print as the background in line with my colour theme. I also wanted the keyrings to be packaged nicely so when the keyrings arrived, I made my own. With the help of my sister-in-law we hand stitched together hearts which we cut out of parcel paper and sprinkled a handful of confetti into the pouches before closing them up.

I planned for us to have a catch up meal, where I casually handed out random ‘gifts’ I made for them. Once opened, they were absolutely ecstatic and loved the whole idea. Seeing their faces light up and shout ‘YES’ made me feel ever so grateful to have such a lovely bunch of friends.

These keyrings are inexpensive and will definitely be valued by your MOH and Bridesmaids-to-be. I would recommend a special little proposal to your Bridesmaids/MOH as it is a sweet gesture and I guess a pre thank you and warning to future Bridezilla moments ahead. 

Happy Sunday x



No comments:

Post a Comment