Pages

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Eyelash Perming


My eyelashes are not exactly one of my best features. They're short, straight and limp. As I've previously mentioned, my lashes don't tend to curl or hold very well and I'm on a continuous quest to find the perfect mascara.

Pre-perm I youtube'd the process and read up on the pros and cons of this procedure and I decided to give it a go. I went into the Blink Brow Bar in Topshop Oxford Street and managed to get an appointment there and then. The whole process cost £50 and took roughly an hour which can get quite uncomfortable as you're sitting up rather than laying down.
After speaking to the beautician and picking the rod which best suited the length of my lashes, she began her magic. The perm consists of the following 4 stages:

Stage 1:
Popping the round rod as close to the lash line as possible and pulling the lashes onto it. This is the most uncomfortable stage as there is a lot of tugging. This is also the longest and hardest part of the process as the beautician is required to pull my baby lashes on the rod to stick them down. Sticking the lashes onto the rod helps create the desired curl when applying the perming lotion, almost like getting your hair permed, you need to use round curlers to create a curl.

Stage 2
Applying the perming lotion - this takes seconds to do but is required to be left on for at least 12 minutes. As I have very straight lashes the beautician left it on for 15 minutes. The smell of the lotion is a little unpleasant and you're advised not to apply make-up or wet the eye area for at least 24 hours so the smell of the chemical will be noticeable for a couple of days.

Stage 3
The perming lotion is removed and a fixing lotion is applied, this again is left on for at least 12 minutes.

Stage 4
The fixing lotion is removed and then the final lotion is applied, a nourishing cream. This is left on for 10 minutes and once removed the process is over.

It is a long winded process but I definitely think it was worth it. I wasn't 100% convinced at the beginning but after a week I am loving them. I didn't think it was possible for my lashes to hold a curl but with the help of a few lotions and an hour of my time, they can! The curl should last between 4-6 weeks which is perfect for holidays/special events.


Overall I am really impressed and would recommend lash perming to anyone who is tired of using their curlers on a daily basis or just generally wanting to wake up every day for 4-6 weeks with perfectly curled lashes... who doesn't love an I woke up like this moment?

Happy Sunday!
Pui x

No comments:

Post a Comment