Pages

Sunday, 24 May 2015

Review: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara (Waterproof)


The quest to find a great mascara is still on and this search is becoming endless and depressing! As you may or may not know, I'm not very blessed in the lash department thus the reason why I need a miracle product to help give my limp lashes some length and oomph!

I've heard great things about the Maybelline The Rocket mascara and thought I should give it a go as I haven't tried any of the Maybelline mascara ranges. I heard from the grape vine that this mascara could hold a curl perfectly and if there was a slight chance of this being true, I wanted it!

Eager to test this out and find out whether the rumors were true, I prepped my lashes with my trusty Shu curlers and applied the first coat. My immediate thought was 'can this brush get any bigger?', the brush is huge and somewhat resembles a bumble bee but I continued to proceed anyway, even if it was the death of me lol. The application is very easy and the tiny bristles manage to coat every single eyelash whilst separating them perfectly. I would prefer if the bristles were slightly longer but it does the job so I can't complain too much.

The consistency of this mascara is as expected for a waterproof product and to my surprise this product actually holds the curl for majority of the day. As I have hooded eyes, the fold on my right eye pushes down on the lashes more than my left eye and over time the lashes straighten out which is why finding a decent mascara is extra hard for me (and would explain the different lash lengths in the photos... anyone else have this issue? Please advise).

That aside this mascara has exceeded my expectations. It adds volume, separates and holds the curl in my lashes but it definitely won't be my holy grail as there are a few things I wish were different about this mascara. One obvious change would be the massive brush as it restricts me from working the product into the root of my lashes. This mascara also isn't lengthening and doesn't seem to thicken my lashes after two coats but this may well be due to it's newness.






Happy Sunday

Pui x

No comments:

Post a Comment